- Recipe created by FabFood on Oct 23, 2010
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/beef-tenderloin-with-garlic-and-mushroom-injection
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
This beef tenderloin recipe is easy to follow and prepare. The mushrooms and the garlic give the meat a lot of flavor. You could always inject the meat with whatever flavors you prefer.
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots or white onion
- 2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms (any type that you prefer)
- 1 (3-pound) beef tenderloin
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- soy sauce, to taste
- solid flavor injector
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a medium skillet, melt butter and saute shallots or onion over low heat until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook on low heat about 5 minutes or until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Let cool.
- Rub down the tenderloin with soy sauce, salt and pepper.
- Spoon fill solid food injector with mushroom and shallot mixture.
- Inject tenderloin with mushroom and shallot mixture until all mixture is used.
- Place tenderloin in a roasting pan.
- Pour any left over liquid from mushroom and shallot mixture over tenderloin.
- Roast for 40 minutes (medium rare)
- Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Slice into 1 1/2-inch slices.