- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/batter-pudding-with-strawberry-sauce-historical-recipe
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Batter Pudding With Strawberry Sauce. This historic dessert recipe is from New Brunswick's King's Landing Historical Settlement, but it is still delicious today.
- 1/2 cup flour
- 9 eggs, separated
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup mashed strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350Â° F. Grease and flour a mold or pan for the pudding. Beat 9 eggs whites until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- Serves 6-8 Pudding:
- Stir 1/2 cup flour with the yolks of 9 eggs until well blended. Add salt and Beat thoroughly. Stir in 4 cups of milk, add the brown sugar. Fold in the Beaten egg whites. Put mixture into mold or pan and set this into a pan of boiling water, then put the whole thing into the oven for 2 hours. After removing from the oven, lift the pudding out of the hot water. Plunge the mold or pan into cold water (don\'t let the water come over the top) for a second or two. This step insures that the pudding will come out of the mold smoothly. Serve at once with the Strawberry sauce.
- Cream softened butter and sugar. Beat in strawberries.