- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
Recipe for Bar Divani’s Pan-Seared Sea Scallops. This recipe is from a fabulous wine bar and small plate restaurant in downtown Grand Rapids, MI -- a real find for midwest foodies.
- 2 large sea scallops
- 1 ounce diced bacon
- 1 shallot
- 1/2 cup corn
- 2 small cooked redskin potatoes, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh chives
- dash of salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 5 hazelnuts, crushed
- a small handful of micro-greens
- 1. Sear the seasoned sea scallops over medium-high heat. Make sure you sear a good crust on them to lock in their natural juices. Place the fresh seared scallops in an oven-safe container and finish them at 350°F for 4 to 5 minutes.
- 2. In the same sauté pan, add the diced bacon with 1 tablespoon of the butter and let the fat render over medium-low heat. Once the bacon is rendered half way, add sliced shallot, diced potato and corn. Let these cook together for 3-4 minutes, until everything is heated through. Finish with salt and pepper and fresh herbs.
- 3. In a separate sauce pan, add the remaining butter in small cubes and allow to melt over low heat. Once the butter is liquid, turn the heat up to medium high. The butter will boil for about 3-4 minutes. You will notice steam evaporating from the butter; once this stops, immediately turn off the heat and add the hazelnuts. Brown speckles in the butter are desirable; these are Browned milk solids. Ladle over scallops