- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
Recipe for the Floodtide Restaurant's Bananas Floodtide. This simple to make, yet impressive, and oh-so-delicious dessert will impress all your guests.
- 2 tablespoons whole butter
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- juice from 1/2 an orange
- 1 1/2 ounces banana liqueur
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 1 peeled banana cut in quarters
- 1 1/2 ounces spiced rum
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream in 2 separate bowls
- 1. Pre-heat a medium sauté pan on medium high heat. Add the butter and sugar and cook while constantly stirring to slightly caramelize.
- 2. Add the cinnamon and sauté for 15 seconds. Add the orange juice and stir well to make a syrup. Add the banana liquor and stir to incorporate.
- 3. Add the walnuts and the bananas coating the bananas with the syrup.
- 4. Add the spiced rum and flame. Reduce for 1 minute.
- 5. Serve over the ice cream.