- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/banana-stuffed-french-toast
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 firm, ripe banana
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- four thick slices day-old bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Whisk together remaining ingredients, except for bread, of course.
- Cut a pocket in each bread slice by almost cutting each slice in half, but leaving one edge intact. Arrange a layer of banana slices inside the bread pocket. In baking dish, arrange bread pockets in a single layer and pour egg mixture over them. Soak for 15 minutes, turning over once or twice.
- In a 12-inch skillet melt butter over low heat and cook stuffed bread until golden. Serve with maple syrup.