- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/banana-french-silk-pie
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 cup crushed graham crackers
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 6 ounces good quality white or dark chocolate
- 12 large marshmallows
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon creme de banana liqueur
- 1 large banana
- pinch of nutmeg (for white chocolate version only)
- Preheat oven to 350Â° F.
- Add melted butter to crushed graham crackers and mix until well blended. Using fingers, press crust mixture into bottom and up the sides of a pie pan. Bake crust for about 6 minutes until set. (You can alternatively use a ready made graham cracker crust.)
- Heat evaporated milk until very hot, but not boiling.
- Place chocolate, marshmallows, banana and salt in a blender or food processor. Blend until well mixed and chocolate is finely ground. If your blender is being temperamental and not wanting to mix these dry ingredients, don\'t worry about it, it will all be sorted out in the next step.
- Pour heated milk into blender over chocolate/marshmallow mixture and blend for one minute. Add vanilla and creme de banana and blend. Pour into the crust. If making the white chocolate version, sprinkle top of pie with a little (a little goes a long way) nutmeg. Refrigerate for at least six hours or overnight before serving. Garnish with whipped cream.