- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 pounds (about 4 cups) fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- Combine the vinegar and sugar in a small saucepan (note: don’t use an aluminum saucepan for this one or the taste will be off). Bring to a boil over high heat and simmer until syrupy and reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Pour the balsamic mixture into a small bowl and add the lemon juice. Allow to cool completely (the syrup can be made a day ahead and stored in the refrigerator).
- Drizzle cooled syrup over the strawberries.
- Allergen Information:
- Gluten-free, wheat-free, soy-free, nut-free.