- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/balsamic-glazed-salmon
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon fillets, bones removed, rinsed, drained, patted dry, and cut into 4 (6 ounces) pieces
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, cored and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup fish stock or chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons basil chiffonade
- Preheat oven to 425° F Lightly Coat a baking dish large enough to hold the salmon fillets without crowding with oil or nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a skillet large enough to hold the salmon fillets without crowding. (Alternately, use two skillets or cook salmon in two batches.) When the oil is hot and smoking, add salmon fillets, flesh side down, and cook 3 minutes, or until fish is golden brown outside but still rare inside. Place the salmon in the reserved baking dish, skin side down, and place in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until the fish turns opaque.
- Return the skillet to medium-high heat and add the garlic, tomatoes, lemon juice balsamic vinegar and stock. Cook until reduced to 3 to 4 tablespoons, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and add the butter and basil, swirling to blend.
- To serve, divide the salmon fillets among warmed individual plates and drizzle with glaze.