- Recipe created by FabFood on Dec 30, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/baked-eggs-and-tomatoes-huevos-al-horno-con-tomates
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Baked Eggs and Tomatoes - Huevos al Horno con Tomates. This authentic Spanish recipe makes a delicious brunch dish. Serve it with plenty of crusty bread.
- 1 1/2 pounds ripe tomatoes (3 medium)
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf or Italian parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 eggs
- 6 anchovy filets, drained
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Slice the tomatoes 1/2 inch thick. Place them in an overlapping layer in a 9 by 3 inch baking pan. Scatter the parsley, oregano, garlic, salt, and pepper over the tomatoes. Drizzle with the oil.
- Bake the tomatoes for 10 minutes and remove the pan from the oven. Break the eggs onto the tomatoes. Place the anchovy filets between the eggs.
- Return the pan to the oven until the egg whites are set, but the yolks are still liquid, 4 minutes.
- To serve, use a spatula to loosen the sides and cut into squares.