- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/bailey-house-sweet-potato-souffle
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Sweet Potato Souffle. Here is a classic Southern recipe, perfect for gracing holiday tables.
- 4 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 3/4 stick (1/2 cup stick) butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes
- 1/2 cup nuts (pecans or walnuts work well)
- Mix sweet potatoes, 3/4 stick butter, vanilla, sugar and milk and place in a greased shallow baking dish.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter and mix melted butter with brown sugar, crushed corn flakes and nuts. Spread on top of sweet potatoes mixture and bake for 30 minutes. Serve hot.