- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 2 large ripe avocados
- juice of 1 lemon
- 4 cups (1 L) Mushroom Broth (click here for recipe) vegetable stock or water
- 1 potato, peeled and cut into 1?2-inch (1 cm) cubes
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1?4 teaspoon (1 mL) hot pepper flakes
- 1?2 cup (125 mL) rice milk or soy milk
- 4 tablespoons (60 mL) chopped fresh chives or Basil Pesto (click here for recipe), optional
- Peel, pit and slice avocados in half and place in a bowl with lemon juice.
- In a saucepan, bring broth to a gentle boil over high heat. Add avocados with lemon juice and potato. Season to taste with salt, pepper and hot pepper flakes. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until potato is soft. Let cool.
- In a blender, combine rice milk and avocado mixture and blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until well chilled. Ladle into soup bowls and garnish with chopped chives, if using.