- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/avocado-tomato-and-sweet-onion-salad
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 large or 2 medium avocados
- juice of 1/2 lemon (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 medium sized sweet onion (such as Vidalia or Maui)
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- kosher salt and coarsely ground black pepper to taste
- 3-4 large lettuce leaves
- Peel avocado and remove pit. Cut avocado into 1 inch chunks and sprinkle with lemon juice. Wash tomatoes, cut each in half and add to bowl with the avocado. Slice the onion very thin and add to the bowl. Sprinkle vinegar over the vegetables, season with salt and pepper (preferbly kosher salt and coarsely ground pepper, but use what you have). Drizzle oil the mixture and gently stir until all ingredients are well combined. Serve on a lettuce leaf, if desired.