- Recipe created by FabFood on Aug 20, 2008
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/avocado-stuffed-marinated-mushrooms
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 16 ounces fresh white mushrooms
- 2/3 cup prepared balsamic dressing
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground garlic salt
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 ripe Hass avocados, halved, seeded and scooped out
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. Using a wet paper towel, wipe all mushrooms to remove any soil.
- 2.Pop out mushroom stems. Place mushroom caps in a sealable plastic bag and add salad dressing, making sure all the mushrooms are coated with dressing. Marinate the mushrooms for 30 minutes. Remove mushrooms from dressing and set aside.
- 3. In a medium bowl, combine lemon juice, garlic salt, onion and avocados. Coarsely mash, combining all ingredients. Spoon avocado mixture into a sealable plastic bag and seal tightly.
- 4. Push mixture away from one of the bottom corners of the bag. Using scissors cut a small hole in this corner of the plastic bag. Squeeze a generous amount of the avocado mixture through the hole in the bag into each mushroom cap and sprinkle with feta cheese. Serve.*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes Per serving: 178 calories; 17 grams fat (3.6 sat, 6.4 mono, 5.3 poly); 6.25 mg cholesterol; 253 mg sodium; 6.7 grams carbohydrate; 1.8 grams fiber; 3.4 grams protei