- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/archie-s-quick-corn-pone-piecasserole
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 pound lean ground beef, turkey, or combination of both
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans , undrained
- salt to taste
- 1 package (8 1/2 ounces) corn muffin mix
- Preheat oven to 450Â° F.
- In a large skillet, brown ground meat together with onions. Add seasonings, tomatoes and beans. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Prepare batter following directions on the package of corn Pour meat mixture into a 2 1/2-quart baking dish, top with cornbread batter spread almost to the edges of the pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until cornbread is done.