- Recipe created by FabFood on Oct 8, 2008
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/angel-hair-pasta-with-summer-squash
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Angel Hair Pasta with Summer Squash, a perfect summertime dish to use up zucchini, crookneck, and yellow squash.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pound summer squash (pattypan, yellow or green zucchini, or crookneck), cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 can (2 ounces) anchovies, drained and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon green or red chiles
- 1 pound angle hair pasta (capellini) 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil freshly ground black pepper to taste freshly shaved or grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add the onion and cook until translucent, about 4 minutes.
- 3. Add the squash and cook until is it just al dente, about 5 minutes. Add the wine, anchovies, garlic, capers, and chiles. Set aside.
- 4. Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until al dente. Drain the pasta and toss with the zucchini mixture, basil, and pepper to taste. Put on a large platter or on six individual plates and top with the cheese.