- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
Recipe for Almost Caesar Salad. This is an almost Caesar Salad since it eliminates anchovies and raw egg.
- 6 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Garlic Croutons:
- 4 slices French bread cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 cloves garlic finely minced or pressed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Worcesteshire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced or pressed
- Prepare croutons by sautéeing garlic in olive oil on medium heat for about three minutes (Don't cook on too high a heat or allow garlic to brown as it will turn bitter). Remove garlic from oil and add bread cubes and basil to pan. Toss to coat. Spread bread cubes on a baking sheet and place in oven set on the lowest temperature setting. Leave bread crumbs in oven until dry (about 10-15 minutes).
- Prepare dressing by whisking all dressing ingredients together. Toss lettuce, cheese, croutons and dressing together and serve.