- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/alice-medrich-s-chocolate-blinis-with-berry-caviar
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, natural or Dutch process
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup (packed) brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- butter, for the skillet
- 1 cup creme fraiche or lightly sweetened whipped cream
- 1 pint fresh raspberries, crushed lightly with a fork to resemble caviar
- Equipment :
- large skillet or griddle
- To make the blinis, in a medium bowl, mix the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Stir in the cocoa until smooth and hot. Gradually stir in the milk and heat to lukewarm. Off heat, whisk in the brown sugar, coffee powder, egg and vanilla, stirring until the mixture is completely smooth. Pour the contents of the saucepan over the flour mixture and stir until the dry ingredients are completely moistened.
- Heat the skillet over low heat until hot and coat the pan with butter. Pour 3-inch pancakes and cook on low heat until bubbles from around the edges. Flip the cakes and cook until lightly colored on the bottom and cooked through the center. Serve immediately or keep hot in a 200Â° F. oven, loosely covered with foil, for up tp 20 minutes. Serve with the crÃ¨me fraiche and berries.