- Recipe created by FabFood on Jan 8, 2008
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/aberdeen-angus-whisky-steaks
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 large yellow onion, cut crosswise and thinly sliced
- 4 center cut filet steaks
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Scotch whisky
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium high heat. Add onion slices; sauté until tender, 4 minutes. Remove to a plate and keep warm. Add steaks to the drippings and sear over high heat for 1 minute on each side. Reduce heat to medium low and cook steaks for about 4 minutes on each side for medium rare. Remove to warm plates.
- Increase heat to medium high. Add stock, stirring and scraping up all the browned bits on the bottom. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until the liquid is Reduced by half. Season with pepper. Add whisky. Heat for 1 minute. Pour over steaks. Garnish with onions. Serve with a pat of butter on top of each if desired.