Are your friends aware of 43, the Spanish liqueur? What about Elderflower liqueur or VeeV? Here are some fun new liqueurs you can taste with your friends on Oct. 16, National Liqueur Day.
Licor 43 is a Spanish liqueur. Crafted in the Spanish city of Cartagena, it is made from 43 natural ingredients, known only to three members of the Zamora family. (This recipe is said to be a millennium-old recipe.) Hints of vanilla and citrus are obvious scents, and the thick, smooth taste of vanilla goes with anything. You can pair this with cream, with Cava for a bubbly, smooth sangria, or just drink it straight! Your guests will love the versatility, as well as the taste!
Cava cocktail sangria
- 1 bottle Segura Viudas Cava
- 2 shots Licor 43 (Spanish liqueur)
- Frozen fruit such as strawberries, raspberries, orange slices or lime slices
- Wash and dry your fruit. Place in the freezer.
- Place your frozen fruit in the bottom of your pitcher.
- Add the bottle of cava, then add the shots of Licor 43. Stir to combine, then pour into glasses.
- Serve with frozen pieces of fruit and enjoy! (If desired, add club soda for extra fizz.)
VeeV Açai Spirit is another one of those unique finds that is sure to thrill your guests. VeeV is the "World's first Açai Spirit." The taste is a blend of dark berries and touts that it has 57 percent more antioxidants than pomegranates and 30 times more than red wine. Try it straight or with fresh lime juice and tequila for a margarita, with red wine and fruit puree for a "super fruit" sangria, or pour it into ginger ale for a bubbly, smooth drink. Another fun way to use VeeV is in whipped cream!
Berries and boozy whipped cream
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons VeeV Açai Spirit
- In a large bowl, lightly toss berries, sugar and VeeV.
- Allow flavors to blend, then top angel food cake with berries and boozy whipped cream.
Boozy whipped cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons VeeV Açai Spirit
- To make boozy homemade whipped cream, with a whisk or hand mixer, beat heavy cream. (Always start with a cold bowl and beaters that you have placed in the freezer.)
- Add VeeV, sugar and whisk or beat until desired consistency for whipped cream. Set aside.
St. Germain liqueur is a unique, smooth liqueur to enjoy alone or in a cocktail. If you or your guests have not yet sipped this beautiful, floral delight, you are all in for a treat! Though it is perfect alone, St. Germain just gets better when you mix it. Try it with lime juice, a cucumber slice and topped with cava or prosecco, or just enjoy it with cava, prosecco or Champagne.
Orange vodka, elderflower liqueur and cava. A delicious fall sipper!
Sparkling orange and elderflower cocktail
- 2 shots orange vodka
- 2 shots St. Germain liqueur
- Cordon Negro Extra Dry Cava
- 2 shots orange juice
- Orange slices for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker or Mason jar, combine orange vodka, elderflower liqueur, orange juice and ice.
- Shake and then strain into Champagne glasses and top with the cava. Garnish with orange slices.
The options are truly endless with versatile liqueurs like Licor 43, VeeV and St. Germain. Enjoy introducing your friends to some new favorites, and maybe they will return the favor by "gifting" a bottle to you for your next birthday or special event!