Tell a Southerner there's sugar on the table, and they will look at you like a deer caught in the headlights. Use this sweet tea recipe in this sweet tea sangria cocktail!
Southern sweet tea
Makes 3 quarts
- 12 cups water
- 4 plain tea bags
- 1 cup sugar
- In a medium-sized saucepan, bring 4 cups of water to a boil.
- Add the tea bags and boil for 1 minute, then cover and remove from the heat. Allow to steep for 8 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and add sugar, stirring well to dissolve the sugar.
- Allow mixture to cool, then pour into a 1-gallon sized container. Add 8 cups of cold water.
- Serve over ice, or make into a cocktail!
Sweet tea sangria
- 2 cups sweet tea
- 1 cup orange vodka
- 1/2 cup club soda
- 1 large orange, sliced for garnish
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- Sprigs of mint for garnish
- Stir together sweet tea, vodka and club soda in a large pitcher.
- Add fruit and club soda. Serve in chilled glasses garnished with mint and enjoy!