This delicious treat should be served at least once a month in your house. Whip this up for your mom for Mother's Day, and if you are not the only child, you will certainly be her favorite!
- 4 eggs, room temperature (not cold)
- 1 teaspoon vinegar per egg (4 total)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium-sized saucepan, add about 3 inches of water and bring almost to a boil.
- Using a small bowl or cup, crack egg into bowl and add the vinegar. (The vinegar holds the whites together).
- Lower your bowl (or cup) into the water and carefully slip the egg into the water.
- You may use a spoon to push any egg whites back to the center of the egg, to keep the egg whites together.
- Cover the saucepan and remove it from the heat.
- Allow egg to sit for about 3-1/2 minutes, until it is cooked.
- Use a slotted spoon or a flat, slotted spatula to remove from the water. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- If cooking more than 1 egg at a time, cook for about 7 to 8 minutes, as more eggs will bring down the temperature of the water, and remember to add 1 teaspoon of vinegar to each cup/bowl of egg.
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 stick butter, melted
- Juice of half a large lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place the egg yolks in the blender.
- On low, blend the yolks.
- Slowly add the butter and continue blending on low.
- Add the juice of half a lemon, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Increase the speed for about a minute. Serve.