Snickerdoodles are a very popular cookie, and by tweaking the recipe just a bit, you'll find that they make a scrumptious bar cookie as well!
Makes 16 small squares
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar, tightly packed
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup cinnamon chips
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8 x 8-inch pan with nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla until smooth.
- Combine the flour mixture and the wet mixture and mix until well-blended.
- Stir in the cinnamon chips.
- Spread the thick batter evenly in the prepared pan.
- Combine the granulated sugar and 1 tablespoon of cinnamon in a little bowl and evenly sprinkle the mixture over the top of the batter.
- Bake 25 minutes or until surface springs back when gently pressed. Cool slightly.
- While still slightly warm, cut into bars with a sharp knife.