3 College basketball-inspired dips
During March Madness, you have a lot of college basketball to watch, but you have to eat at some point. The good news is that you can plan ahead and have plenty of these college basketball-inspired dips handy. Why basketball-inspired? Well, they’re all made from things that are round, like a basketball! Just grab some chips, load them up with dip and eat. Then you’ll be back and ready to watch the game in no time.
Caramelized onion and roasted garlic dip
Yields about 2-1/2 cups
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 onions, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 heads garlic
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 bricks cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup white cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat, and then add the onions, a pinch of salt and the garlic.
- Cook the onions for 10 minutes, and then set the heat to low and cover the skillet.
- Cook the onions for another hour.
- After about half an hour, remove the tops of the garlic and cover them with 1 tablespoon of olive oil each.
- Roast the garlic for 30 minutes.
- Once the garlic and onions are done, mix them with cream cheese, sour cream and white cheddar.
- Serve with buttery crackers and tortilla chips.
Tamarind cherry dip
Yields about 1 cup
- 1/2 cup tamarind paste
- 1 cup cherry pie filling
- 2 tablespoons raspberry jam
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 brick cream cheese
- Mix the tamarind paste, cherry pie filling, jam and lemon zest.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan and warm over medium heat.
- Once warm, pour over the cream cheese and serve.
- Serve with cookies and vanilla wafers.
Gourmet bean dip
Yields about 2 cups
- 2 cans black beans
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup taco sauce
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 tomato, diced
- In a food processor, pulse the black beans, garlic, broth, cream and salt until smooth.
- Mix the sour cream and taco seasoning.
- Layer the bean dip, taco sauce, sour cream mix, cheese and tomato.
- Serve with corn chips or tortilla chips.