Key lime pie ice cream
Yields about 6 (3/4 cup) servings
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light
If it's too hot to bake the pie, this is the perfect alterative! Sweet, tangy and no cooking required -- what's not to love? If you want to give your ice cream that green tint, add a few drops of food coloring. We prefer ours all natural with a zesty flavor!
- 1 cup 1 percent milk
- 1 cup light cream
- 1/2 cup key lime juice
- 14 ounces sweet condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- About 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- Whipped cream for garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the milk, light cream, lime juice, condensed milk and lime zest. Whisk until it is fully combined. Whisk in the sugar. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least an hour.
- Once the mixture has chilled, pour it into the freezer container of an ice cream machine. Turn on and let it stir about 10 minutes. Pour about 1/4 cup of the graham crackers into the mixture and let it stir another 10 - 15 minutes, or until thick and creamy.
- Serve immediately with extra graham cracker and whipped cream or store in a freezer for up to 3 weeks.