On this Peanut Butter Cookie Day, even those sensitive to gluten can honor the classic cookie. This recipe contains no flour (and only 4 ingredients!).
Flourless peanut butter cookies
Makes about 16 reasonably-sized cookies
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- Extra granulated sugar for rolling
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream together the peanut butter and sugar.
- Beat in the baking powder and the egg. Mix until well combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll a heaping tablespoon of dough into a ball and then roll in your extra granulated sugar to coat.
- Place balls an inch apart on the baking sheet and gently press each dough ball down with the tines of a fork dipped in sugar, leaving criss-cross tine marks on the dough.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let the cookies rest on the sheet for 5 minutes.
- Move the cookies to a cooling rack to cool for another 10 minutes.