Fresh basil lemonade
Play around with the simple ingredients of lemonade and add some more exotic ingredients, like raspberries or even basil! They may sound too strange to be good, but the flavors just work and you're left with a deliciously unique drink. So this summer, try one of these refreshingly different lemonade recipes for a great twist on the ordinary!
Recipe adapted from My Recipes
- 1/2 cup packed basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Extra basil for garnish
- Lemon wedges for garnish
- In a large bowl, add basil and sugar. Using a spoon, crush the basil into the sugar until bruised and squished.
- Stir in water and lemon juice until the sugar is completely dissolved, about 3 minutes.
- Pour into a pitcher, add extra basil for garnish and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Family Fun
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- Mint to garnish, optional
- In a saucepan, add water, sugar and 1 cup of raspberries. Simmer over low heat until sugar dissolves completely, about 4 minutes. Strain berries through a mesh strainer and save liquid.
- Mix lemon juice and sugar water until fully combined. Garnish with a lemon slice and enjoy!
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup fresh pressed lemon juice
- 1 cup blackberries
- 3 - 4 cups chilled water
- Fresh sprig of mint