Smoked salmon and eggs with apple crème fraiche
Yields 8 servings
Smoked salmon and eggs are such a great combination together. Salmon is rich and salty, while eggs are light and earthy. When paired with sweet apple crème fraiche and finely-sliced red onions, they are perfect brunch fare. They are also finger and figure friendly, which at a brunch, leaves one hand available for Champagne and keeps the guilt away when it comes time for dessert!
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese
- 4 bagels, sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 12 eggs
- 4 chives, chopped
- 8 ounces, crème fraiche
- 1 apple (preferably gala or honey crisp), cored and shredded
- 2 pounds smoked salmon
- 1 red onion, minced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and set the cream cheese out so that it can come to room temperature.
- Open the bagels so you have eight halves in total and bake them on a cooking tray until they firm up. Do not let them burn.
- Next, beat the eggs in a bowl with the cream cheese and a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat and then add the eggs and scramble them. When they are done, top with chives and let them cool for a bit.
- While the eggs are cooking, mix the crème fraiche and the apple.
- Serve the bagels, salmon, red onion, eggs and crème fraiche together.