Gourmet cinnamon rolls
Cinnamon rolls are delicious, but they look tough to make. While there can be a lot of artistry to making them, there are really only three steps: spice, roll and cut. If you have the right dough, which you can find at the store, the rest is really easy. Of course, there's nothing wrong with giving them a gourmet touch.
Yields 8 cinnamon rolls
- 1 can dinner roll dough
- 1-1/2 stick melted butter
- 6 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 crushed almonds
- 5 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Without separating the dinner rolls themselves, unroll the dough and lightly roll it with a rolling pin. Double check that the seams in the dough have been pressed together. If they have not, use your fingers to close them.
- Spread all but 1/3 of melted butter over the dough, then add the cinnamon, sugar and almonds. Roll the dough like a cigar and slice it into 8 rounds.
- Bake the cinnamon rolls for 12 minutes.
- While the cinnamon rolls are baking, mix the rest of the butter, cream cheese, sugar, milk and vanilla in a bowl to make a thick glaze.
- Glaze the cinnamon rolls while still hot.