Yields 1 pizza
Moroccan cuisine is famous for its amazing spice blends and wild, exotic flavors. It blends cumin, ginger, cardamom, pepper and paprika with citrus, dried fruit and chili pastes to create dishes you don't find in other cuisines. Of course, what's good by itself is also good on a flatbread with a little cheese and thus we have Moroccan pizza.
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon cardamom
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Cooking spray
- 1 premade pizza crust, prebaked
- 1 (12-1/2 ounce) can of tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons harissa
- 8 slices preserved lemons or peeled lemon
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 yellow squash, sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
* This spice blend can be replaced with an equivalent amount of Ras el hanout.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the black pepper, salt, cinnamon, cumin, paprika, cardamom, turmeric and ginger. Sprinkle half of the mix liberally over the chicken breasts and place them on a cooking sheet that has been greased with cooking spray.
- Bake the chicken 18 minutes. It probably won't be done all the way through, but it will be close.
- While the chicken is baking, mix the rest of the spice blend with the tomato sauce and harissa. Spread that over the pizza crust.
- When the chicken is done, slice it and spread it, the lemons, raisins, squash and cheese over the crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.