How to Cut Watermelon. Ever get intimidated at where to start when cutting up watermelon? Our step-by-step photo tutorial takes the mystery out of cutting up watermelon into uniform wedges or cubes.
Here's how to cut watermelon wedges
- Cut watermelon in half lengthwise.
- Cut each half in half again lengthwise.
- Cut each quarter into slices as pictured above.
To Cut Watermelon Cubes
To de-seed a watermelon:
- Cut watermelon in half, then in quarters.
- Cut through the flesh of the melon along the seed line with a pairing knife. Now, lift off the piece of the melon you just cut.
- Using a fork, scrape the seeds from the piece you just removed and the remaining flesh on the rind.